April 20, 2011 - submitted by Blake, United States of America

Q. Dearest Oracle,

I'm a bit of a guitar/tech geek. There's a picture of Jonny's pedals on one of the blogs, and it looks like he is using three volume pedals. Why does he use three instead of one?
Thank you!

The Oracle replies:

Luckily for you Blake, Matt McGinn (Jonny's tech and author of Roadie) was on hand to answer this specific question:
"One's a volume pedal, the other two are used as expression pedals for altering parameters on two of Jonny's rack units (TC 2290 & Line 6 Echo Pro). Short answer: THEY MAKE IT MORE ECHOEY!!"